Suzanne S. Prevost, PhD, RN, COI, begins her term as the 29th president of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI). Prevost will lead the 125,000-member, global organization for the next two years and will call on members to “Give Back to Move Forward” with technology.
She plans to actively continue the work undertaken during the 2009-2011 biennium and help achieve STTI’s Vision 2020 goals.
Prevost, in her Presidential Call to Action, explains, “Through global collaboration, we can bridge the gap between research and practice, share our wisdom across generations and join forces with like-minded organizations to address critical health care issues to populations around the world.”
Prevost, along with the guidance of the newly elected board, plans to connect members, chapters and nurses through knowledge and technology in order to improve the health of the world’s people.
The four areas Prevost addresses in her Presidential Call to Action include:
- Creating a Legacy of Professional Impact;
- Engaging in Collaboration in the Global Community;
- Responding to Vulnerable Populations;
- Embracing Technology.
Prevost and other members of the board of directors were inducted November 2 at STTI’s 41st Biennial Convention.
Board members for the 2011-2013 biennium include:
- President-Elect: Hester Klopper, PhD, MBA, RN, RM, FANSA, professor and director, North-West University, South Africa;
- Vice President: Cathy Catrambone, PhD, RN, associate professor, Rush University;
- Secretary: Connie Sobon-Sensor, PhD(c), RN, CTN-A, PhD candidate at Seton Hall University;
- Treasurer: Nancy Sharts-Hopko, PhD, RN, FAAN, professor and director, doctoral program, Villanova University;
- Director-at-Large: Robin Bartlett, PhD, RN-BC, associate professor, University of North Carolina-Greensboro;
- Director-at-Large: Dana Bjarnason, PhD, RN, NE-BC, associate administrator and chief nursing officer, Ben Taub General Hospital;
- Director-at-Large: Gladys Mouro, PhD(h), MSN, BSN, RN, CEO advisor and consultant;
- Director-at-Large: Robin Toms, PhD, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, assistant professor, Texas Women’s University, College of Nursing-Dallas; and
- Regional Chapters Coordinating Committee Chair: Dorette (Dee) Sugg Welk, PhD, MSN, RN, faculty emeritus, Bloomsburg University.